We currently have 2 false assertions made by Steve Scalise in our database.
- Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Louisiana's 1st district (2008-)
- Member of the Louisiana Senate from the 9th district (2008-2008)
- Member of the Louisiana House of Representatives from the 82nd district (1996-2008)
Well, we know markets can go up and down. I think what we’re looking at right now is wages. Wages have been stagnant for 10 years now.
But you go to a city like Chicago, some of the toughest gun laws in the country are in the city of Chicago and yet they have the worst gun violence.
- Chicago Has the Strictest Gun Control Laws in the US
This hasn’t been true since the Supreme Court decided McDonald v. Chicago in 2010.
- Chicago Has the Highest Gun Violence Rate in the US
Many large cities have much higher rates of shootings per capita.
The state of Illinois has tough gun laws, but several of the most restrictive laws, such as a ban on handguns and a gun registry, are no longer in use. And while the city may have high instances of gun violence – it does not have the highest rate of gun violence.