We currently have 1 false assertion made by Tom Graves in our database.
- Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Georgia's 14th district (2013-)
- Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Georgia's 9th district (2010-2013)
- Member of the Georgia House of Representatives from the 12th district (2005-2010)
- Member of the Georgia House of Representatives from the 10th district (2003-2005)
Our #TaxReform framework turns the page on a complicated & broken tax system. It’s simpler, flatter & fairer than the current tax code. It will put more money in the pockets of hard-working Americans. It also promotes economic growth & private-sector job creation by slashing the corporate tax rate – currently the highest in the developed world – and ensuring fair treatment for small businesses. Congress needs to get the final product to the president’s desk as quickly as possible.Twitter on
- The US Has the Highest Corporate Tax Rate in the Developed World
The US does have a high statutory rate (up to 35%), but significant deductions and exemptions mean companies actually end up paying a much lower rate; the effective tax rate is about average. Furthermore, while the statutory rate is relatively high, it is not the highest in the developed world; that distinction goes to the United Arab Emirates with rates up to 55%.